Dos and Don´ts to apply for funding
While you are working on your proposal, we suggest that you take a minute and read this article to get some handy tips about the things you should and shouldn´t do when applying.
- Make sure your project idea follows the criteria of pre-competitive Collective Research and will benefit the needs of SMEs
- Check if the guidelines have changed. Changes will be announced on the first pages of the guidelines and communicated on the CORNET website in the section https://cornet.online/calls-for-proposals/guidelines-and-templates/
- Make yourself familiar with the evaluation report. The high success rate in CORNET can only persist if the quality of the proposal matches the requirements
- Get in touch with your national/regional funding organisation; contact the coordination office in case of enquiries on international aspects
- Download the latest proposal templates
- Categorise your project according to the drop drown menu in the application form
- Register to the submission tool and make sure that all documents are fully-fledged before you submit your proposal
- Make sure you don´t submit in the last minute to enable corrections after the formal check by the coordination office. There will be no extension of time to substitute or complete after deadline
- Try to change dates or text in the proposal documents other than required
- Try to find possibilities to avoid the format requirements of the proposal.
- Send your application via email
- Try to convince the coordination office that a different deadline applies to you
Photo: © eikotsuttiy / fotolia.com